We are coping with the effects of losing a loved one, and nothing will ever be the same again. Christy and her daughters are living day to day, finding more than just pain in remembering Dan and some of the funny things he used to do and say. One of the things Scott's dad talked about in the memorial was Dan's way of telling people to "get real," but he'd say it with a smirky grin, kind of as a way to soften it a little.
Today is Easter, and we're all getting together for a family dinner again. This year will be particularly difficult without Dan. For the rest of us, I guess life goes on.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Dan. It was taken quite a long time ago, considering that little boy is my Joe at only a few months old. They were watching tv together.
1 comment:
So glad to hear everyone is getting along as best they can. I know Easter still wasn't the same without my Mom being there and it's now been the 2nd Easter without her. Deep down I guess I always feel like maybe if we are lucky she'll come walking in the door. You just get the feeling she's just running late and will be there sooner or later.
My thoughts and prayers are still with you guys everyday as I know that the pain from losing Dan won't be gone overnight.
Post a Comment