Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And she's off!

I wish I had some emotional post about how Quinnie ran off to school, waved back at us, and started her day off with the big kids. Well, all that happened, and she was happy and did great, but there was no emotion (at least on her part) to the day. Being the child of mine that she is, her attitude was, "C'mon now, let's get going. I want to go to school!"

After her bubby got on the bus this morning, she turned to her dad and said, "Let's open the garage door and go to school!" But they had to wait ten minutes for me to come home from work, so we could all go; they did open the door, and they did have her bag all ready in the car (it was so cute!).

When I got home from work, I tried to take a few pictures, but she was acting all goofy (Joe taught her that.). Here's one that came out okay, even though there's no smile (I had just admonished her to take a GOOD picture... hehe).Right after the pictures were taken, she hopped in, buckled up, and said, "I'm READY." So cute. I could hardly believe little Q was so big, big enough for preschool. In fact, the shirt she picked out to wear today really shows how much she's grown in the past year. It's one I bought for her when my friend Michelle and I visited Boston in September '07. The shirt was swimming on her when I bought it nearly a year ago, and now it just covers the top of her shorts. The girl has GROWN.

Anyway, the preschool is so close we can practically see it from here, so it only took two minutes to get there. When we arrived, Q stood in line to get in the building, but once we did get in, she jumped the line and ran on into her classroom. She remembered right where to put her bookbag and lunchbox, said goodbye to her dad and me, kissed us, and said "See ya!"

With that, she turned, found a seat, and started the chalk project in front of her. That was it. !

We left and made the long walk back to the van (It really was long--we parked in the back.). Our second kid, the baby, is well-adjusted and THRILLED to go to school. Hey, she even seems happier about it than her brother. Who knew.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What is it with these girls? Can't they at least pretend to miss us?

No, seriously, I'm thrilled to hear that she had such a great day. I know that it made it a lot easier on you (and I actually prefer the lack of crying, thankyouverymuch). She looks so big.

I remember the shirt, too!!